Hello again and welcome to another edition of The Bridge. We are back from Spring Break, into the Fourth Quarter, and many of you know that these last two months of school seem to fly by thanks to all kinds of special events, assemblies, end-of-the-year trips, and deadlines. Given that this weekend is the last before taxes are due (speaking of deadlines...), I will try to be as brief as possible with all of the upcoming news here at school:
• Obviously one of the big events coming up here at school is the High School Prom. This year's Prom is scheduled for Friday, April 26 here on campus and tickets are now available for purchase from the main office through April 24. Prom is a more formal dance than the other dances throughout the year, and the $35 ticket includes a catered dinner that will be served to the students by staff chaperones. Be sure to click over to this week's SPA Spot page for updated details on the Prom and to volunteer to help with the set-up and clean-up.
• Prom is one reminder that the school year is nearing its completion, but there are others. Most notably, our junior high and high school graduates will be taking their graduation photos (wearing caps and gowns) on Thursday, April 25. We will be sending graduation gowns home with eighth grade students and high school seniors on Wednesday, April 19 so they can be pressed (the gowns, that is--not the students). The following Thursday, Doug Peck will be at school in the morning to take pictures of the students individually and in their class groups. Please ensure that your student is dressed appropriately for the shoot (ladies in pants or dresses; gentlemen in collard shirts and ties). Photo proofs and order forms will be sent home at a later date TBD.
• In more immediate news, there is a lot coming up this weekend and next week. On Saturday, April 13, the Parents Education Network (PEN) is holding their annual Education Revolution (EdRev) at AT&T Park from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We will have a group of teachers there to represent Stanbridge, but the event is open to parents, guardians and students alike. You can read more about the workshops, speakers and exhibits at this year's event--as well as register online--on the official EdRev website.
• Please note that in addition to the Income Tax deadline, Monday, April 15 is the deadline to return re-enrollment forms to the main office. If your student is planning to return to Stanbridge next year, please ensure you return the completed forms (they were sent home by mail over Spring Break). If you did not receive a packet or if you have any questions about the re-enrollment process, please contact Susan or Maggie in the main office ASAP next week.
• On Tuesday, April 16, we will be holding auditions for the annual Student Talent Show after school from 3:15 to 4:00 p.m. All students who want to perform at the May 3rd Talent Show must audition for a staff member--no exceptions. Please ensure your student brings any props or music required for their act to school on Tuesday. If your student cannot be present at Tuesday's auditions but still wants to be in the show, email Jay Huston (our Talent Show coordinator) to request an alternate date/time.
• As noted, the Talent Show will be held on Friday, May 3rd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. here on campus. The event is free and open to friends and family. Keep in mind that the show is the day after "Grandparents & Special Person Day," Thursday, May 2. This event provides a chance for these special guests to spend some time with their Stanbridge student at school. Visitors will get a tour of campus, meet the teachers, enjoy lunch with the students and will be treated to an assortment of student presentations from all grade divisions. You should have received your invitation in the mail over break, and we ask that you please RSVP by April 22.
• And the Stanbridge mail will keep on coming: Report cards for the Third Quarter will be in the mail next week, as will invitations to high school senior families for our annual Senior Luncheon. Graduating seniors and their parents are invited to this annual tradition, to be held this year at Ristorante Rocco in Burlingame on Saturday, May 18. Senior parents, please return the enclosed RSVP cards to the main office by May 9.
• May 9th is also the initial deadline for Summer School enrollment. While you will still be able to sign-up for Summer School through June, keep in mind that classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment by May 9th will be dropped from the schedule. To lessen the risk of a class being cancelled, please get your enrollment form to the main office prior to that initial deadline. You can read more about this year's Summer School program, as well as download a copy of the course guide and enrollment form on our Summer School page.
• The final session of afterschool clubs started this past week and runs through the end of May. If your student is interested in joining (or re-enrolling) in a club, you can still sign-up through next Friday, April 19. A copy of the Spring Clubs enrollment form is available on our Forms page.
• Finally, things are winding-down for this year's overnight experiential trips. The high school seniors still have their "Senior Capstone" to look forward to in May, but our middle and upper elementary students went on their big overnight trip to Coloma Outdoor Discovery School just prior to Spring Break, and our lower el students spent a night at Elkus Ranch this week. We've got pictures aplenty from both trips posted in our Media Room now. As you'll see, there were lots of smiles and sunshine. And on a weekend with the tax deadline looming, smiles and sunshine might be in short supply, so enjoy!
Parents/Guardians can log-in with their Parent Portal password to access the following:
• Click here to go to The Weekly Bridge mainpage
• Click here to go to the SPA Spot mainpage