Hello and welcome to this year's final edition of The Bridge. It has been a week since graduation and as everyone settles into their post-school-year break, here are a few notes before we say goodbye for the summer:
• First of all, congratulations to our graduates in eighth grade and high school. It is always an honor to hand you your diplomas as you cross the stage and enter into the next phase of your lives. Junior High graduates, your teachers have set you up for success in high school and I know you will rise to the new and exciting challenges that lie ahead. I hope you took note of the other set of graduates on stage last Friday, as they are fine role models to look up to. Seniors, I have seen many of you grow up in the halls of Stanbridge--you have accomplished so much during your time here. We are all proud to call you Stanbridge Alumni and look forward to hearing from you as you venture into The Real World (please stay in touch and come back to visit!)
• In addition to our graduates, a round of congratulations to all of our students for making this past year a fun and successful one. From the Back to School Picnic and experiential trips to Grandparents Day and Field Day, this year was filled with wonderful memories. There are too many to list here, but click over to our online photo gallery where you can look back at the year in pictures.
• On that note, we've added hundreds of photos from the seniors' year-end trip to San Francisco and this year's Field Day to the photo galleries. Also, we've posted the Class of 2013 Senior Slideshow to our video gallery. Chris will be updating the website over the summer, but this year's pics and videos will remain through July, so share the links with friends and family or simply enjoy for yourselves.
• This past week, we have been finishing many of the end-of-the-year administrative tasks, including final report cards which you should receive the week of June 16th. For families that have a student returning to Stanbridge next year, our annual Summer Mailing will be sent in late-July. And for those who can't wait to get a jump on the new school year, a reminder that our first day of school is Monday, August 26th.
• Of course, between now and then we will be holding our annual Summer School program. Classes start the week of June 24th, and you can see the full Summer School calendar in the sidebar on The Bridge mainpage. Summer School classes run from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and we will be providing a shuttle to and from the San Mateo Caltrain station. Our Summer School Coordinator, Chris Myers, sent emails to all parents/guardians earlier this week regarding their student's summer school classes. If you have any questions about your student's class, contact the instructor (the names at left are hyperlinked to the teacher's email). For general Summer School inquiries, you can email Chris directly. Keep in mind that course enrollment is still open up to the first day of class. If you'd like to sign-up your student, email Chris ASAP.
• If you haven't clicked over to The Bridge main page, be sure to check in for extra links to next year's school calendar, a final call for Annual Fund donations, and details on the upcoming Colleges That Change Lives Tour that will be visiting the Bay Area in July.
• Finally, a reminder to keep saving your box tops. This year, Stanbridge participated in the Box Tops for Education program, which helped raise funds for our school. You can read more about the Box Tops program on their website; simply enter "Stanbridge Academy" in the site's search box and find out how you can help. There are hundreds of participating products, so start clipping and saving today--you can drop off your labels and box tops in our collection box, located just outside of the main office.
Thank You for making this another fantastic school year. Have a safe, happy summer and see you in August!
Parents/Guardians can log-in with their Parent Portal password to access the following:
• Click here to go to The Weekly Bridge mainpage
• Click here to go to the SPA Spot mainpage