The updated Junior High Weekly is now online. Access this week's edition through our Parent Portal.
On Tuesday, November 8th, Stanbridge will be hosting our first Open House of the school year from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. This is an opportunity for new and prospective parents to tour the school and talk with some of our faculty. Current junior high parents who are considering Stanbridge for high school are also encouraged to attend. This is a perfect opportunity to learn more about our high school curriculum and the programs we offer.
Just a reminder that the deadlines for a number of permission forms are coming up this week. All of these forms can be downloaded from our website's Forms page:
• Seniors interested in the Open House at San Mateo College on Wednesday, Oct. 26 need to have their forms returned to the main office by tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
• Middle elementary students going on the trip to the Winchester Mystery House this Friday, Oct. 28, need to have their forms returned to the main office by Wednesday morning.
• High School students who wish to attend Friday's dance need to have their permission forms returned to the main office by Friday morning. (Please note that non-Stanbridge guests must also have their info included on the form)
• Junior High and High School students participating in next week's community service projects at Glide Memorial and/or the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA need to have their permission forms returned to the main office by Friday.
• High School students attending Jay's science class field trip to the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory need to have their permission forms returned to the main office by Wednesday, November 2nd.
Lots going on as we get ready to start the weekend:
The annual Fall Book Fair continues in Hayden Hall through Monday morning, October 24th. Students from all divisions can shop a large selection of Scholastic books before school (from 8:00-8:25) and after (3:10-4:00) on Friday; and Monday morning from 8:00 to 8:25 a.m.
Junior High Field Trip
On Friday, October 21, junior high students will be taking an off-campus field trip to see The Three Musketeers at the San Mateo Cinemark theaters. Students will be walking from Stanbridge to the theater (near the Caltrain station) after lunch, accompanied by the junior high teachers. A signed permission form (available on our Forms page) is required to participate in the event. Please return the signed form to the main office by Friday morning.
Finally, tomorrow is Friday and that means the weekly Student Government Bake Sale will be up and running at lunch time. Items cost $1 each and proceeds go to the student activities fund. To help get you in the mood, check out our Video Gallery for a clip of James Warren singing "The Bake Sale Song."
Pictures from the October 7th community service day at B.O.K. Ranch have been posted in our Media Room photo galleries.
This Friday, October 7th, Stanbridge is offering a community service opportunity to volunteer at the B.O.K. Ranch in Woodside. Participating students should meet at Stanbridge by 8:30 a.m. Carpools will leave promptly at 8:30 to arrive at the ranch by 9:30. Links to the B.O.K. Ranch website, along with printable parking passes and packing lists are available on our Forms page.
Descriptions of the afterschool clubs being offered this Fall/Winter, along with a sign-up and registration form, are on our website on the Activities & Clubs webpage and also in the Forms section of the Parent Portal. Clubs are filling-up quickly and registration ends this week. Contact the main office if you have any questions.
The school uniform is required tomorrow for yearbook photos; please see page 6 of the Parent Student Handbook for details.
Students in grades K - 8 wear a white polo shirt with Stanbridge logo and or navy sweater with Stanbridge logo.
All students have their photo taken, and you may order prints from the school photographer Douglas Peck.
Students in the 12th grade have their photos taken again later in the year wearing their graduation gown.
You may leave your payment for photos in the front office, or mail directly to Doug Peck.
Stanbridge Academy's annual Back to School Night is scheduled for Wednesday, September 21 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meet your student's teachers and get the lowdown on this year's classes and curriculum. All parents/guardians are encouraged to attend.
Stanbridge Academy is a caring, inclusive K-12 school for students with mild to moderate learning differences and social communication disorders. We use an individualized, whole student approach so that students thrive and develop their academic, social, and emotional capabilities to their fullest potential.
Follow us on Social Media