On Tuesday, May 29th, the elementary division will celebrate the end of the year will some fun and a BBQ at Parkside Aquatic Park in San Mateo. The permission form has been posted to our Forms page and is due by Friday, May 25th.
The Middle Elementary students will be taking an overnight trip to Colma for their Spring experiential, March 19-21. Details about the trip, along with permission and medication forms, a packing list and other information are available on our Forms page.
The recent issue of The Student Bridge--the Stanbridge Academy student magazine--has been posted online. You can access and download a pdf copy of the Fall/Winter 2011 issue on our Student Bridge page, located in the Parent Portal.
The annual high school holiday dance will be held in Hayden Hall on Friday, December 9, from 7:30 to 10:00 p.m. Details and a downloadable permission form are available on our Forms page.
Additionally, we have a number of upcoming field trips before the holiday break for all divisions. Permission forms and details are available on our Forms page, but here is a quick summary:
Fri., Dec. 2 • Middle El trip to the Tech Museum of Innovation
Fri., Dec. 2 • Junior High trip to see Hugo
Tues., Dec. 6 • High School Civics class trip to Santa Clara County Superior Courthouse
Thur., Dec. 8 • Upper El trip to Elkus Ranch
Thur., Dec. 15 • Lower El trip to CuriOdyssey for Animal Habitats workshop
Please ensure your student's permission slip(s) have been returned to the main office if he/she is planning to attend the trip. If you have any questions regarding these trips, please contact your student's homeroom/advisory teacher.
Just a reminder that the deadlines for a number of permission forms are coming up this week. All of these forms can be downloaded from our website's Forms page:
• Seniors interested in the Open House at San Mateo College on Wednesday, Oct. 26 need to have their forms returned to the main office by tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
• Middle elementary students going on the trip to the Winchester Mystery House this Friday, Oct. 28, need to have their forms returned to the main office by Wednesday morning.
• High School students who wish to attend Friday's dance need to have their permission forms returned to the main office by Friday morning. (Please note that non-Stanbridge guests must also have their info included on the form)
• Junior High and High School students participating in next week's community service projects at Glide Memorial and/or the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA need to have their permission forms returned to the main office by Friday.
• High School students attending Jay's science class field trip to the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory need to have their permission forms returned to the main office by Wednesday, November 2nd.
Descriptions of the afterschool clubs being offered this Fall/Winter, along with a sign-up and registration form, are on our website on the Activities & Clubs webpage and also in the Forms section of the Parent Portal. Clubs are filling-up quickly and registration ends this week. Contact the main office if you have any questions.
The school uniform is required tomorrow for yearbook photos; please see page 6 of the Parent Student Handbook for details.
Students in grades K - 8 wear a white polo shirt with Stanbridge logo and or navy sweater with Stanbridge logo.
All students have their photo taken, and you may order prints from the school photographer Douglas Peck.
Students in the 12th grade have their photos taken again later in the year wearing their graduation gown.
You may leave your payment for photos in the front office, or mail directly to Doug Peck.
Stanbridge Academy's annual Back to School Night is scheduled for Wednesday, September 21 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meet your student's teachers and get the lowdown on this year's classes and curriculum. All parents/guardians are encouraged to attend.
Stanbridge Academy is a caring, inclusive K-12 school for students with mild to moderate learning differences and social communication disorders. We use an individualized, whole student approach so that students thrive and develop their academic, social, and emotional capabilities to their fullest potential.
Follow us on Social Media