Hello again and welcome to another edition of the Weekly Bridge. As noted in last week's edition, it was a quiet week on campus with Middle Elementary through High School away on their fall experiential trips this past week. Hopefully everyone got a chance to rest and recover this weekend, as we get back into the swing of things at school this week. The latest news and notes as we count down the final days of September:
• The experiential program is a major component of the Stanbridge curriculum that makes our school so unique. For our new families this year, especially, I hope your student's first Stanbridge overnight trip experience was a fun and positive one. Judging by the pictures that our staff chaperones were emailing back to us, it seemed all of this year's fall trips went exceptionally well. You can see some of those pictures for yourself by clicking over to the Stanbridge Facebook page, where we have posted highlights from all of last week's experiential trips. Please note that there is more to come. Camille will be sorting through the hundreds of photos that were taken, and we will be posting many, many more to our Facebook page and website Media Room, so be sure to check back later in the week for even more updates.
• Speaking of photos, a reminder that this Tuesday, September 30th is picture retake/makeup day at Stanbridge. Photographer Doug Peck will be back on campus Tuesday morning to take yearbook/ID pictures of students who missed him on the 17th. Please ensure that your student follows the dress code listed in the Parent/Guardian Handbook if he/she will be sitting for a photo on Tuesday. A digital copy of the Handbook can be found on the Files & Forms page, where you can also download an order form to purchase additional prints of your student's picture.
• Also on the Files & Forms page is the enrollment form for our first session of afterschool clubs. Clubs start this week, running from 3:10 until 4:30 p.m. If your student is participating in an afterschool club, please ensure you arrange for a prompt pickup at 4:30. Shuttle van service to the San Mateo Caltrain depot is available by request. This is the last call to sign-up for this session of clubs; enrollment will close on Friday, October 3. Monday begins the first of three sessions of afterschool clubs, with this session running through the week of December 8-12. Space is still available for all clubs being offered, but a few are nearing their maximum enrollment, so don't delay in getting your student signed-up. If you have questions about a specific club, you can email that club's advisor (teacher email addresses are on the Teachers pages), or if you have general questions about the afterschool clubs program, contact Susan or Maggie in the main office.
• October begins this Wednesday, and the Stanbridge Parent Association will hold their monthly SPA meeting on Wednesday morning, October 1 at 8:30 a.m. in Hayden Hall. October is an active month for SPA at Stanbridge, with the first of our high school dances being held later in the month, and the Halloween Carnival and divisional parties planned for month's end as well. Volunteers are always needed for these events, and we appreciate all parent/guardian input and feedback during the planning. Minutes from the meeting will be posted on the SPA Spot page later in the week, but we hope to see you there in person if you can make it.
• Believe it or not, we are only about six weeks away from our "Starry Night" fall gala and auction. The event will be held on Saturday, November 15 at the San Mateo Marriott, and invitations are in the mail. Thank you to all of our families who have helped solicit donations for the event's auction. We have already secured dozens of great gifts, including restaurant certificates; free tickets and passes to museums, cultural and sporting events; gift baskets and more. Please note, however, that we are still looking for donations, especially "big ticket items" such as vacation homes, sports tickets, and getaway packages. If you or someone you know would like to make a donation to the gala auction, a solicitation letter and donor agreement form are available for download on the Files & Forms page. Last year was the debut of this new event for Stanbridge, and it was a smashing success, bringing together current Stanbridge families, staff members, alumni, board members, and outside friends. This year's gala promises to be even bigger and better, so I hope you are able to join us!
Again, hope everyone had a great time on their experiential trip last week; I am looking forward to seeing the photo highlights later this week. Until then, enjoy the rest of the weekend, and see everyone back at school on Monday!