With 2015 coming to a close, I find myself reflecting on the many events and accomplishments of this past year. Moving to San Mateo and becoming part of the Stanbridge community has been a wonderful experience, and I am delighted to list here some of the more notable achievements and events of the 2015-2016 school year:
- We have welcomed more than 20 new families into the Stanbridge family.
- We raised more than $34,000 for new staff computers thanks to SPA's Fund-A-Need event.
- Our students have completed a multitude of community service projects including a gift drive for Family Giving Tree to which we just delivered more than 70 presents for low-income children.
- Our Annual Fund family participation is currently at 68%. I hope you will all support our effort to reach 100% family participation in our Annual Fund again this year.
- My colleagues have enthusiastically embraced some new professional development opportunities, including visits in January to area schools to observe and learn from others in our special work.
- Our Board of Trustees and I continue to work on the creation of a new strategic plan that will serve as a blueprint for the school’s future.
- And of course our students continue to learn and grow under the tutelage of their teachers.
As we embark on the new year, I am excited for the adventures that lie ahead. We are hoping to be granted preliminary membership in the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) in the next few weeks.
I hope you are all enjoying family time and some much deserved rest and relaxation during this break. I look forward to seeing you all on January 4th.
Happy New Year! Here's to 2016!