Hello again and welcome to another edition of the Weekly Bridge. We had a great turnout for Back to School Night this past Wednesday--an evening that featured tons of information presented in a relatively short amount of time. With a lot coming up on the calendar, here is a review of the latest need-to-know news and notes from Stanbridge:
• The Parent Portal password has changed. The annual "changing of the password" occurred this weekend during a clandestine ceremony held at a top secret, undisclosed location in international waters. The new password for this year can be found in this week's "Weekly Bridge updates posted" email that was sent to all parents/guardians. If you did not receive the email, or if you are having problems accessing Portal content with the new password, please email Stanbridge Webmaster Chris Myers, or call the main office during school hours. The new password will be used for the remainder of this school year.
• Being able to access the Parent Portal is key, especially the Files & Forms page. A number of new posts have been added to the page, including the slideshow from Wednesday's Back to School Night presentation. The slideshow includes notes from all of Wednesday night's speakers, and features important news about upcoming SPA events, the Annual Fund campaign, QuickSchools, and more.
• In addition to the BTS Night slideshow, the Files & Forms page also has links to this year's Bulldog Wear order form. This is the final week to get your orders in, with the deadline this Wednesday, September 17.
Child or adult sizes for t-shirts, pullover sweatshirts or zip-front sweatshirts are available for purchase. Your item will come with the Stanbridge logo on the left breast and the back will have the Bulldog logo. Checks should be made out to "Stanbridge Academy" and submitted to the main office with your order form by September 17th. Please email Melissa Biderman with any questions.
• Wednesday, September 17 is also yearbook picture day. Individual and group class photos will be taken that morning, with retakes slated for Tuesday, September 30th. These photos will be used for the yearbook and each student's Stanbridge identification card. You are welcome to order additional prints of your student's picture by downloading the order form (on the Files & Forms page), which can either be returned to Stanbridge or mailed to photographer Doug Peck, prior to or on September 17th. Please ensure that your student is dressed appropriately for Wednesday's photos--dress code guidelines can be found in the Parent/Guardian Handbook (also on the Files & Forms page).
• And what else is new on the Files & Forms page? How about afterschool clubs. The first session of afterschool clubs at Stanbridge will begin the week of September 29-October 3 and will run through the week of December 8-12. We are excited to be offering a wide-ranging selection of club activities this session, so be sure to view the clubs brochure to read descriptions of the clubs being offered and to download the enrollment form. Clubs fill on a first-come, first-served basis and enrollment is open through October 3. To sign-up, simply return your enrollment form and payment to the main office.
• But wait, there's more! We have published the Fall edition of our Stanbridge Academy Family Directory and you can download a copy from--wait for it--the Files & Forms page. The directory will be updated throughout the year as necessary, but if you have any immediate corrections or changes that need to be made, please email Chris Myers with your request.
• You'd think I would be done talking about files & forms by now, but not quite yet. Two more things to call to your attention on the very crowded Files & Forms page: First, plans for our November 15th Fall Gala/Auction are in full swing and we are looking for donations for the event's silent auction. The Files & Forms page includes a donor solicitation letter and donor agreement form that can be downloaded and distributed to potential donors. Donations of all kinds are welcome, but we are seeking "big ticket items" such as vacation homes, sports tickets, and getaway packages, if possible. More than just donations, we also need a number of volunteers to assist behind the scenes, so if you are interested in helping with this year's gala, please email Amy Bergstrom.
• And finally on the Files & Forms page, you can download the trip packet for your student's upcoming experiential trip. Students in all grade divisions will be departing for their fall overnight trips next week. All necessary release forms, as well as trip packing lists, can be found in the posted trip packets. Please ensure you have all the necessary forms and med packets turned in to the main office this week.
• If you are bored and/or overwhelmed by the Files & Forms page by now, click over to the SPA Spot page for a change of pace and some important updates. Note that this coming Friday, September 19, SPA will be holding the first Bake Sale of the year. Baked goods will be available for students to purchase at lunch for $1, and proceeds go toward the high school dances. Volunteers are needed to provide goodies for this week's sale, and you can sign-up to contribute via SPA's online Sign-Up Genius page (link posted on the SPA Spot page). Stanbridge Bake Sales are always popular events, thanks in part to the musical stylings of counselor/troubadour James Warren.
• Also coming-up this Friday, SPA will be sponsoring an afterschool trip to the movies for high school students. Students will meet in Hayden Hall at 3:10 and walk (with parent chaperones) to the Century 12 theaters in San Mateo to see a film (title TBD). In the past, screenings have started between 3:30-4:00, and the movie is expected to end at approximately 6:15. Interested students should bring $20 for tickets and snacks and must make arrangements to be picked-up (or take the train) after the show. More details will be posted later this week on the Bridge Blog and SPA Spot page.
• Finally, back to Back to School Night: Just a reminder that you can view the curriculum for all classes, in all divisions, by going to the Programs->Academics section of our website. Also, our Teachers pages have been updated with email links for all of this year's faculty. And lastly, please ensure that we have your correct contact information in QuickSchools, as we will be using the QS system to alert families in case of any major emergencies (i.e.--earthquake, alien invasion, etc.). If you did not receive an email with your QuickSchools login and password, please email Chris Myers to request that information.
Whew! Lots to cover this week, so hang in there and see you on Monday!