• It's Fall Experiential Week! Our high school seniors are on the road today (Sunday) to Yosemite National Park, where they will spend the week with the NatureBridge crew. The seniors are scheduled to return Friday afternoon by 3:00 p.m. As for the other grade divisions, here are the rest of the trip itineraries:
- High School 9th, 10th, 11th: NatureBridge-Golden Gate
Departing on Monday morning; returning Friday afternoon by 3:00 p.m.
- Middle El and Upper El: Westminster Woods
Departing on Monday morning; returning Wednesday afternoon by 3:00 p.m.
- Junior High: Web of Life Field School (WOLF)
Departing on Wednesday morning; returning Friday afternoon by 3:00 p.m.
• In other news, last Wednesday's picture day went well. If your student was absent for picture day, photographer Doug Peck will be back on campus the morning of Tuesday, September 30 for retakes and make-up shots. Again, you are welcome to order additional prints of your student's picture by downloading the order form (on the Files & Forms page), which can either be returned to Stanbridge or mailed directly to Doug Peck.
• While on the ever-busy Files & Forms page, be sure to take a look at the Fall Clubs listings. Afterschool clubs will begin the week of September 29th, once everyone is back from their experiential trips. This first of three sessions of afterschool clubs will run through the week of December 8-12, and enrollment fees run between $150-$200 per student, per club. Space is still available for all clubs being offered, but a few are nearing their maximum enrollment, so don't delay in getting your student signed-up. Clubs fill on a first-come, first-served basis, and enrollment will remain open through October 3. If you have questions about a specific club, you can email that club's advisor (teacher email addresses are on the Teachers pages), or if you have general questions about the afterschool clubs program, contact Susan or Maggie in the main office.
• There are some fresh updates on the SPA Spot page, so be sure to click over there once you are done with this week's Bridge. We've added some new listings to the Lectures & Workshops page, and included some additional details about the big November Gala & Auction. We are still looking for donations for the event's silent auction, and appreciate any help you can provide. Donations of all kinds are welcome, but we are in need of "big ticket items" such as vacation homes, sports tickets, and getaway packages. If you or someone you know would like to make a donation, a downloadable solicitation letter and donor agreement form can be found on the F&F page. More than just donations, we also need a number of volunteers to assist behind the scenes, so if you are interested in helping with this year's gala, please email Amy Bergstrom.
• We have re-published the Fall edition of our Stanbridge Academy Family Directory and you can download a copy from the Files & Forms page. Thank you to those of you who emailed Chris with your updates and changes. The next major update to the directory will be the Winter edition, published in January, but if you have any immediate corrections or changes that need to be made, please email Chris Myers with your request...or call me, maybe.
• Finally, two closing notes: Don't forget that the October SPA meeting is coming up on Wednesday, October 1. All Stanbridge parents and guardians are encouraged to attend; 8:30 a.m. in Hayden Hall. And a reminder that--in case you missed the announcement last week--the Parent Portal password has changed. The new password for this year can be found in this week's "Weekly Bridge updates posted" email that was sent to all parents/guardians. If you did not receive the email, or if you are having problems accessing Portal content with the new password, please email Stanbridge Webmaster Chris Myers, or call the main office during school hours. The new password will be used for the remainder of this school year.
Hope everyone has a great experience on their trip this week. Looking forward to sharing many of the highlights with you next weekend!