Stanbridge students have a variety of learning and social challenges. All of our students benefit from small class sizes, differentiated instruction, development of executive functioning skills, and a schoolwide social learning program. The range of learning differences and diagnoses at Stanbridge includes, but is not limited to:
Click below to read in-depth stories of how Stanbridge changed the lives of three individual students:
...and the stories don't end there. See the various paths our alumni have pursued:
A "typical" Stanbridge student
Given the diversity of our student population, there is no single answer to the question "Who is a typical Stanbridge student?" Nonetheless, we have found that the students who benefit most from our program can do the following:
- Engage meaningfully in a classroom consisting of approximately eight students and one teacher
- Demonstrate motivation to learn and to participate in the Stanbridge program
- Comprehend instruction delivered in a variety of modalities
- Participate in learning activities that are primarily verbal
- Participate in activities that are challenging and not immediately gratifying, asking for or accepting help as needed
- Demonstrate understanding of academic concepts verbally, either through written or spoken language
- Contribute to an emotionally and physically safe learning environment
- Express emotions in a safe way that promotes wellness of self and community
- Communicate with teachers and peers about school, interests, and other complex topics
Is Stanbridge right for your student?
While we invite you to explore our website further to learn more about our program, we understand that talking one-on-one is often the best way to find out if we can meet your child's individual needs. If you think Stanbridge may be the right school for your student, we invite you to contact us for an initial conversation, or complete our online form to schedule a personalized tour of our campus. Read more about becoming a Stanbridge family in the Admissions section of our website.
Personal tours are available by request now through summer break; click below to schedule a date and time that works for you.