The Admissions process at Stanbridge
Stanbridge Academy offers open enrollment throughout the school year. If a class is full, qualified students are placed on a waiting list and families are notified as soon as placement is available. Tuition is prorated based on your student's start date.
Admissions at Stanbridge follows a four-step process:
Our next Open House is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 20 at 10:00 a.m.
Step 1: Campus visit and initial discussion
We encourage all prospective parents to arrange a visit to our campus, either by scheduling a date and time for a personalized tour, or by attending one of our quarterly Open House events:
- Click here to schedule a tour via our online form
- Our next Open House is Saturday, October 20 at 10:00 a.m. - Click here to RSVP
- Susan Coyne, Director of Admissions: 650.375.5860 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Complete an application
If, after your visit, you feel that Stanbridge may be a good fit for your student,the next step is to complete an application packet. Stanbridge operates on an open-enrollment cycle, and if you would like your child to be considered for placement, our application packet consists of the following:
- A completed and signed application form (click here to access a pdf version of the form)
- Copies of all educational, academic, and/or psychological testing
- Report cards and standardized testing results
- Speech and language report
- A brief narrative describing your child’s strengths, challenges, and interests
- A current photograph of your child
- Copy of IEP/504 (if applicable)
- Signed transcript release (for high school students only)
- A $100 non-refundable processing fee (make checks payable to Stanbridge Academy)
Your application and documentation will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee once the above information is received. They will then follow up with you regarding next steps.
Step 3. Student shadow during school day(s)
If your application packet is approved, your child will be invited for a shadow day within the appropriate division—allowing him or her to experience a full day of classes at Stanbridge. Visiting shadow students are paired with a current student peer to partner with them throughout the day, and our counselors will frequently check-in with shadow students to ensure they are doing well. At the completion of the shadow day, feedback from teachers and counselors is collected to gauge how the visit went and if the visiting student would be a good fit for the class. Depending on the schedule and other circumstances, a visiting student may be requested to return for a second shadow day.
Step 4. Meet with our Head of School
After your child has shadowed, the Head of School will discuss with you feedback from the visit. Based on that discussion your child may be invited to attend Stanbridge Academy. If Stanbridge is determined an appropriate placement for your child’s educational needs, you will meet by phone or in person with the Business Office regarding your financial responsibilities, a start date will be established, and an enrollment contract issued. Once the signed contract and deposit have been received, the student will then be registered as a Stanbridge Academy student. More information on tuition and financial aid is available here.