Go online with Stanbridge this summer
Stanbridge Academy’s Summer School program helps keep our students’ minds working as they explore and discover new information about the world and themselves in a familiar and nurturing environment. From academics and athletics to outdoor activities and artistic pursuits, there is truly something for everyone.
Each year, Stanbridge offers a variety of summer courses for students in all divisions, including incoming students. Our Summer School program is scheduled in week-long courses, with each course running Monday through Friday of the specific week. This year, our Summer School will be online from 9:00 a.m. to noon with Extended School Year (ESY) courses from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Some courses may build upon each other in multiple weeks, in which case, students are encouraged to enroll in successive weeklong courses. Courses enroll a minimum of five students with a maximum enrollment of eight students (per teacher). Costs are based upon course content.
Questions? Contact Linda Bargas, Enrichment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year's Summer School courses include:
Social-distancing restrictions mean virtual summer school—join us online!
- 2020 Online Summer School hours are from 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Extended School Year (ESY) courses are from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- To meet the needs of the greater learning community, most online courses will be open to public enrollment
(prescreening review and approval required).
- Pursuant to the CA Educ Code: An Extended School Year program shall be attended per IEP requirements for a minimum of 20 instructional days. All students are eligible to participate in Stanbridge ESY courses.
- Detailed art & design technology
- Local travel destinations & navigating public transportation
- Athletics & teamwork
- Ecology & sustainability
- Social strategies through gaming
- Balancing a healthy lifestyle
- Exercise, healthy cooking, journaling, goal-setting, and mindfulness
- and, of course, we have have reading, writing, and arithmetic, too!